Tuesday 7 June 2016

Negative Long and Short Form or Contracted Forms Table


To Be – Simple Present Form
Long Form
Short Form
I am not
I’m not
He is not
He isn’t
She is not
She isn’t
It is not
It isn’t
You are not
You aren’t
We are not
We aren’t
They are not
They’re not

To Be – Simple Past Form
Long Form
Short Form
I was not
I wasn’t
He was not
He wasn’t
She was not
She wasn’t
It was not
It wasn’t
You were not
You weren’t
We were not
We weren’t
They were not
They weren’t

To Do – Simple Present Form
Long Form
Short Form
I do not
I don’t
He does not
He doesn’t
She does not
She doesn’t
It does not
It doesn’t
You do not
You don’t
We do not
We don’t
They do not
They don’t

To Do – Simple Past Form
Long Form
Short Form
I did not
I didn’t
He did not
He didn’t
She did not
She didn’t
It did not
It didn’t
You did not
You didn’t
We did not
We didn’t
They did not
They didn’t

To Have – Simple Present Form
Long Form
Short Form
I have not
I haven’t
He has not
He hasn’t
She has not
She hasn’t
It has not
It hasn’t
You have not
You haven’t
We have not
We haven’t
They have not
They haven’t

To Have – Simple Past Form
Long Form
Short Form
I had not
I hadn’t
He had not
He hadn’t
She had not
She hadn’t
It had not
It hadn’t
You had not
You hadn’t
We had not
We hadn’t
They had not
They hadn’t

The long and short form of model verbs such as can, could, should, must etc.…
Long Form
Short Form
I/He/She/It/You/We/They cannot
I/He/She/It/You/We/They can’t
I/He/She/It/You/We/They could not
I/He/She/It/You/We/They couldn’t
I/He/She/It/You/We/They shall not
I/He/She/It/You/We/They shan’t
I/He/She/It/You/We/They should not
I/He/She/It/You/We/They shouldn’t
I/He/She/It/You/We/They must not
I/He/She/It/You/We/They mustn’t
I/He/She/It/You/We/They will not
I/He/She/It/You/We/They won’t
I/He/She/It/You/We/They would not
I/He/She/It/You/We/They wouldn’t
The Imperative
Long Form
Short Form
Let us not
Let’s not

No comments:

Post a Comment