Tuesday 7 June 2016

Positive Long and Short Form or Contracted Forms Table


To Be – Simple Present Form
Long Form
Short Form
I am
I’m
He is
He’s
She is
She’s
It is
It’s
You are
You’re
We are
We’re
They are
They’re

To Be – Simple Past Form
Long Form
Short Form
I was
-
He was
She was
It was
You were
We were
They were

To Do – Simple Present Form
Long Form
Short Form
I do
-
He does
She does
It does
You do
We do
They do

To Do – Simple Past Form
Long Form
Short Form
I did
-
He did
She did
It did
You did
We did
They did

To Have – Simple Present Form
Long Form
Short Form
I have
I’ve
He has
He’s
She has
She’s
It has
It’s
You have
You’ve
We have
We’ve
They have
They’ve

To Have – Simple Past Form
Long Form
Short Form
I had
I’d
He had
He’d
She had
She’d
It had
It’d
You had
You’d
We had
We’d
They had
They’d

The long and short form of model verbs such as can, could, should, must etc.…
Long Form
Short Form
I/He/She/It/You/We/They can
-
I/He/She/It/You/We/They could
-
I/He/She/It/You/We/They shall
-
I/He/She/It/You/We/They should
-
I/He/She/It/You/We/They must
-
I/He/She/It/You/We/They will
I’ll/He’ll/She’ll/It’ll/You’ll/We’ll/They’ll
I/He/She/It/You/We/They would
I’d/He’d/She’d/It’d/You’d/We’d/They’d
The Imperative
Long Form
Short Form
Let us
Let’s

No comments:

Post a Comment