Tuesday 7 June 2016

Miscellaneous Interrogative Sentences

Interrogative Sentences can begin in two ways:-

1) With auxiliary or helping verb such as - Is, are, am, was, were, has, have, had, will, shall, do, did etc.

2) With interrogative adjective/pronoun or interrogative adverb such as - who, whom, whose, which, what, when, where, why, how etc.
 
Examples:
  1. What happened?
  2. Did you ask for me?
  3. May I go?
  4. May I accompany you?
  5. Are you coming?
  6. Should I bring it?
  7. What is your name?
  8. How are you?
  9. Do you understand?
  10. What do you mean?
  11. Is the boss in?
  12. Who is it?
  13. What is the matter?
  14. Where is Mitesh?
  15. When did you come?
  16. Shall we begin?
  17. Will you do one thing?
  18. Is it a holiday today?
  19. Do you know?
  20. What is the reason?
  21. What is the trouble?
  22. What is the quarrel about?
  23. Are you angry?
  24. How is the family?
  25. What did you say?
  26. What can I do for you?
  27. Who brought you here?
  28. What is your opinion?
  29. Has he a car?
  30. Have you any business with me?
  31. Who is coming?
  32. What’s the menu for dinner?
  33. What difference does it make?
  34. Whose telephone number is this?
  35. When do you retire?
  36. Where shall we meet?
  37. How do you come back?
  38. Why have you left your studies?
  39. What are you looking for?
  40. Who is this?
  41. What is the news about you?
  42. How do you do?
  43. How are the children?
  44. Which is the best shop here?
  45. How is he today?
  46. Who’s this gentleman?
  47. What is it?
  48. Where have you kept my clothes?
  49. What’s the news?
  50. What are you doing?
  51. When shall we meet again?
  52. When will you come to us?
  53. How old are you?
  54. When will you see him?
  55. How long have you been here?
  56. How much did this coat cost?
  57. How long will it take?
  58. Why do you trouble yourself?
  59. Did you not go earlier?
  60. Why is the road closed?
 
----: Remember :----

  • आपने देखा कि  is, am, are, was, were, had, will, would, shall, should, can, could, may, might  आदि यदि वाक्य के आरम्भ में आएं तो प्रश्नसूचक वाक्य बनते हैं और बीच में (  Subject के बाद ) आएं तो साधारण वाक्य बनते हैं, जैसे कि:

(A)

  1. Am I a fool?
  2. Were those your books?
  3. Had you gone there?
  4. Can I walk for a while?
  5. May I come in?

(B)

  1. I am not a fool.
  2. Those were your books.
  3. You had gone there.
  4. I can walk for a while.
  5. I may come in.

  • नीचे दिये गये साधारण वाक्य ध्यान से देखिए:

मैं सुबह जल्दी उठता हूं ।
I get up early in the morning.

मैं सुबह जल्दी उठा ।
I got up early in the morning.

  • अब इनके नकारात्मक (  Negative ) वाक्य बनाइए:

मैं सुबह जल्दी नहीं उठता हूं ।
I do not get up early in the morning.

मैं सुबह जल्दी नहीं उठा ।
I did not get up early in the morning.

  • आपने देखा कि नकारात्मक वाक्य बनाने के लिए क्रमश:  do और did  जोड़ने पड़े । प्रश्नवाचक वाकय बनाने के लिए अन्दर वाला यही  do और did  सबसे पहले लगता हैं, जैसे:

क्या मैं जल्दी उठता हूं?
Do I get up early in the morning?

क्या मैं जल्दी उठा?
Did I get up early in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment